The Power of Yoga for Fitness Professionals
Specifically designed for the fitness professional as well as for the fitness industry, this 60 hour course focuses on the benefits to strength, conditioning, flexibility and mental focus of the yoga postures and practice on the human body. Adding to the repertoire of the fitness leader, this course will give the participant an in depth understanding of the postures as well as the tools and confidence to add them to their programs. Whether working with the everyday client or elite athletes, the benefits of yoga cannot be denied. The Power of Yoga for Fitness Professionals dives into and breaks down the physiological and mental effects of the yoga postures and gives the practitioner a solid understanding of the benefits of adding them to their already established client base as well as opening new doors for further professional development and avenues for generating more clientele.
The Power of Yoga for Fitness Professionals course covers:
- 44 Yoga Postures (asanas) - Alignment & Adjustments
- Focus Areas:
- Strength, conditioning & flexibility
- Mental focus and basic breathing techniques
- Joint complexes and their range of movements in physical activity
- Joint complex activation (bandhas) and their importance in functional movement
- Musculoskeletal and Cardiopulmonary systems in the yoga poses & practice
- Circulatory, Nervous, Digestive, Immune, Reproductive and Fascial systems and the effects yoga poses have on them
- A brief history of yoga and how it is relatable to the modern day fitness professional and their clientele.
Course director, master trainer and senior yoga teacher, Dee Taueki will lead the course and facilitate a positive and nurturing learning environment. Course numbers are limited to allow for maximum learning and coaching facilities.
Course enrolments are open via application only.