500HR Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Melbourne
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
The yogic path is ever progressive, transformational and continuous. To inspire others, we must keep inspired ourselves. This advanced teacher training program is designed to do just that!! Immerse yourself once again in this yogic path and allow yourself to really step into your power. Power House Yoga’s pathway to 500 Hour Teacher Training Course is an in-depth study of the science and teachings of yoga.
Course director, master trainer and senior yoga teacher, Dee Taueki leads the teacher training programs at PHY and facilitates a positive, challenging yet nurturing learning environment. The best students make the best teachers!
Course enrolments are now open via application only. Course numbers are limited to allow for maximum learning, mentoring and coaching purposes.
This course is delivered in 5 separate modules covering all material requirements for both Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia registered training programs. Each module will be offered at least once per year. You may choose to complete the course in full over the duration of 6 months or you may choose to complete the course over several years completing each module as suits you.
Module 1 - The Art of Anatomy
- An in-depth study of anatomy and physiology including modules on the spine, hip joint complex, shoulder joint complex and extremities (ankles, knees, wrists, elbows) as well as the Bandhas associated with each joint complex. We then use this knowledge and awareness to solidify alignment in practice and breakdown advanced postures to make them accessible.
Module 2 - Assist In(G) Discovery
- “They may forget your name, but they’ll never forget how you made them feel!” ~ Maya Angelou. Revisit the art of assisting and explore advanced assisting techniques. Coupled with anatomy and alignment, this module is designed to teach the teacher how to facilitate student discovery through movement and through the power of touch.
Module 3 - The Bodies Intelligence
- With a major focus on Yin Yoga (PHY’s Yoga BALANCE) – A Quiet Practice, this module discusses the fascinating river of intelligence that is the human body. We dive deep into Meridian Theory and the Fascial System as well as Mudras and Meditation techniques. Also, on discussion are other healing modalities including reflexology, Ayurveda and Self-Myofascial Release Techniques (SMFRT).
Module 4 - Transformational Teaching
- This module is a yogic immersion of self-discovery. Discovering the concepts of Dharma and Karma through the teachings of the Mahabharata, we dive into the “why” in EVERYTHING we do including intelligent sequencing, class planning and inspiring theming + lead teaching with structured feedback analysis and practices. With an in-depth, detailed focus on Core Belief Work and the yogic science of the mind, you’ll no longer just facilitate or teach, you’ll be given the tools to step into Being … a Transformational Teacher – the gift of changing lives. Stoke the fire within and embody the qualities of a powerful, transformational yoga teacher with commanding communication skills and inspiring teaching tools.
Module 5 - Powerful Philosophy
- Explore the History of Yoga with an in depth look into yoga’s origins and evolution. We take a closer look into the beautiful Sanskrit language, revisit the Sutras and the Gita, study The Hatha Yoga Pradipika as well as the Ramayana and piece together the core teachings of the texts including the concepts of Dharma, Karma & Moksha. Purifying Practices of Kriya Yoga & Shatkarmas, as well as Mantra’s and Chanting will pave the way for teachers to not just facilitate, but to transform and to really become what you believe.