Power House Yoga (PHY) values the privacy of individual’s personal information and is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which it collects, holds and uses in accordance with the principals set out in the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
- Personal information is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
- Personal information that is collected is used only for the purpose for which it is collected or for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose, unless we disclose other uses at the time of collection. Copies of correspondence sent, that may contain personal information, are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only.
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information collected. We have implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. Subsequently all employees and ongoing contractors must sign our confidentiality agreement. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete and up to date whenever PHY collects, discloses or uses it. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website: http://www.privacy.gov.au/.
Use of Information:
Access to Information:
Problems and Questions:
Power House Yoga Terms and Policies.
Back to Top